This week I have been travelling around Ireland and between wifi signals, when I discovered that my image of travel documents (shot for #FlickrFriday theme #BusinessAsUsual) was selected to be featured on the Flickr blog. This made me very happy because I started entering this weekly challenge in January and this is my seventh time to be featured. Which is fantastic considering the talent submitted each week into the group pool of images.
One of the most difficult things about taking pictures while on the move in developing countries, is finding the right camera as a travel buddy. If like me you want a camera that’s discreet, light, easy to carry, feature rich and takes a great image, well it’s not easy on an affordable budget. In the past I have used a Panasonic ZX-100, which is fine outdoors (like the shot above) but not much use in low light conditions. So I have been exploring the current options before I head to Rwanda again in August. There are quite a few options between waterproof compacts to enthusiast compact cameras, but it is hard to find one the gives you the type of manual controls of a SDLR and yet in a size to fix your pocket.
I have checked various websites, blogs, forums and the opinions are vastly divided. Some are fiercely loyal to brand, others keen on changeable lens or crazy about the sensor size. Yet many are split over what actually constitutes a travel camera. However, I have narrowed it down to three cameras in my budget between the Nikon P7700, Canon G15 or Fuji X20. All great choices for various reasons, but after much debate I think I’m settling on the X20. It looks great, has a brilliant viewfinder, good size sensor, quick, easy to carry and takes a great image even in low light.
Check out this fantastic photo blog on the X20.
Update: Picked camera up today and here is a few snaps in Starbucks
- Leica introduces new compact “C” camera (doobybrain.com)
- Nikon Coolpix P7800 camera to start shipping tomorrow (nikonrumors.com)
- Buying Your First “Real” Camera (kennethreitz.org)
- Camera and My Photography Journey (fnubrawijaya.wordpress.com)
Click above to view a selection of images from my trip to the Holy Land in 2011
- Thousands gather in The Holy Land for Israel is Forever Concert! (fggam.org)
- Get the information about Post Card from the Holy Land (holylandcards.wordpress.com)
- Music Festivals, Pilgrims and Welcoming Autumn With Open Arms (morningtao.wordpress.com)
A Geneva Photo Experience – http://fp.mu/d5QL1J some images submitted to Fotopedia Reporter.
Feel free to comment.
- White Space Explored (whitecanvasimages.wordpress.com)
- Until Next Time Geneva (dukeingeneva.wordpress.com)
- Living Car Free in Geneva – A guest post by Cecile Felon, ABB Global Communications Manager (transportgooru.com)
- Escort Girl Geneva And A Report On Escort Service Of The City (a1sgirls.wordpress.com)